About Me

Welcome to my BLOG! I am a Contemporary Photographer specializing in Maternity, Newborn, Children, Families, HS Seniors, Engagements, and Weddings. I am also available for print/editorial as my work has been published in a variety of magazines. Please leave me a comment under the image of your choice to let me know that you were here. I love hearing from all of you...

Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Perilous" Travels

Ok, so my trip to AR has been an unforgettable experience to say the least. I decided to drive this time (BIG MISTAKE), wont happen again. On my way here, i went through horrible rain, hail, & 2 tornadoes in St. Louis.. I finally got about an hour outside of that mess, and took an exit to get gas near Missouri. Well, I got lost on a back road trying to get back to the interstate and was lost for a good 30 minutes.. I thought i was never going to make it back.. I finally did, and was exhausted. 14 hours in the car in one day wears you out... So I went to bed as soon as i got there to relax & be ready for my shoot the next morning! My shoot went good! However, i got back to the home that i was staying at, and a girlfriend of mine came over to lay out by the pool. We laid out, listened to music, drank margaritas, had a blast, the whole bit.. We got about 4 hours in to the deal, and she looked at me and said, you have got to get out of the sun, you are so red. Well, instead of being smart about it, i said "oh im fine" (being that i hadnt seen sun since before xmas- lol) and laid out for a good hour longer. We decided to go shopping for a while, and went to the most fabulous boutiques. I found so many great new items for sessions. I cant wait to use them! Anyways, i get back to the house that evening- and literally, i couldnt move my body. I was hurting so bad, and i have never seen such defined tan lines in my life. You could literally see the bow ties from my swim suit on my back. It was horrible. It was an overcast day, i was having fun enjoying the heat, and wasnt paying attention. I typically dont burn. I tan pretty easy. Well not this time.. I now have blisters and am starting to peel :) YUCKY!!
So my time in AR this month has def been an experience so far..

Cant wait to see what happens next.. lol

Shooting like crazy though and having a blast doing it, as always!

Will be posting pics soon from all of my fabulous sessions.. Still have many more to go...

1 comment:

Avery said...

Hey lady! So glad you made it safe, and next time pack the SPF! :) We made it back from Europe late last night and are exhausted but it's good to be home. I'll call you in the next day or so to catch up!