About Me

Welcome to my BLOG! I am a Contemporary Photographer specializing in Maternity, Newborn, Children, Families, HS Seniors, Engagements, and Weddings. I am also available for print/editorial as my work has been published in a variety of magazines. Please leave me a comment under the image of your choice to let me know that you were here. I love hearing from all of you...

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Home Sweet Home...

So while i was back in AR, i had the pleasure of spending time with my mom and grandmother at my moms perfectly quaint new home. We sat out on her back patio which is fabulous, and drank coffee, talked, laughed, caught up, etc.. It was a blast. Isnt it nice getting a break every now & then and just being able to relax with your family, reminiscing about the good old days from your past. It makes me feel as if im a little girl when im at home. I get completely taken care of.. Dinner cooked for me, laundry done, a clean house, coffee already made in the mornings.... Anyways, so i decided to pull out my camera while watching my mom and grandmother interact. You have to know my grandmother- she is so funny-i am alot like her in many ways- she says the most random things that just make you laugh and she is so naive to everything..
I have to tell a funny story real quick... When my mom started to move into her new home, she asked my grandmother to come down and help her pack up. My brother (age 17 and as witty as they come), my mom (who loves to get out a good laugh) had my grandmother in the garage packing up boxes. The 3 of them, being worn out from a hot and long day of moving got a bit thirsty. Well, they had already packed up all of the drinks from the inside fridge and taken them to the new house so all that was left were the drinks in the outside fridge (the alcohol fridge) in the garage. The 2 of them willingly let my grandmother open the fridge and pull out a drink while standing there grinning at each other knowing what was going to happen. She grabbed for the glass bottle filled with yellow lemonade (so she thought), popped the top and started drinking it. (ok first of all, i dont think my grandmother even knows what alcohol is, much less knows what the bottling looks like) She got about 3 drinks into it and noticed that my mom and brother were standing there trying not to burst out into a laugh, and said "ugh, has this got alcohol in it? She finally decided to read the labeling after they laughed and told her yes... It was a Mikes Hard Lemonade. She about died. Way to funny. You might have to know her for it to be funny to you, but for those of you that have met her- you know what im talking about..

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh, Lauren! Those pictures are beautiful!

Kari Wright said...

I just love these pictures..so sweet!! Makes me miss my precious grandmother..she passed away a little over a year ago! There's nothing like Grandma's!!!!